Monday, December 30, 2013

Brussels

Week #9

   Brussels
Happy Holidays everyone!!! Hope you all had a good Noel! My week went a little something like this... on Noel Eve we went to the church to study and its like a 45 minute walk and it was pouring rain! We finally got there and the computer that we needed was broken so that was a huge bummer. But they we got the chance to visit this super humble guy who couldn't afford heating so we went and dropped off a heating thing at his house that one of the members wanted to give him! You could see your breath in his house!!! We ate dinner at a members house Patrick. He made us really good food and gave us root beer, which is like impossible to find here! We watched Ephraim's Rescue. That movie is really good everyone should watch that! After that we went to bed and woke up and it was Noel!!! We got to sleep in. I slept in till 9 which felt like forever! I immediately opened all my gifts in like 1 minute. I got a lot of sweet stuff. I am blessed to have so many people who care about me! But I got to skype my family and Cabrina. It was so awesome! It was only an hour ,but it felt like 5 minutes. It was not long enough! On Noel you get to watch Disney movies and stuff we watched Mega Mind and Tangled and Prince of Egypt and some other ones that weren't that good but it was great getting to watch some good movies! It was a really good Noel I have come to find the best way to celebrate Noel is the real reason why we celebrate it.. the birth of Christ. I hope you all knew that. A lot of people here don't. The day after we taught a recent convert Genealogy and he loved it! This was a pretty crazy day... so we were getting off the Metro to finish the day and there was a bunch of cops at our stop. So we got off and this huge German Shepard almost attacks me! And the cops are holding down this guy who is screaming "I didn't do it, trust me!"  Then they walked him into a cop car and a cop walked away holding a bloody butchers knife! haha it was freaking crazy!!Elder Bates has been sick, so we have been pretty much been taking half days. We ate with a member the next night and it was really good! On Saturday we did a companion exchange and it was great! We taught a bunch of people and sang a Noel song to a family that we knocked on.. yeah you have to do weird stuff on a mission.. I wouldn't normally sing a Noel song to a stranger. It's still really awkward though haha.   I have to go but I went to Brussels today for legality reasons so that's where all these pictures come from. It was great!!! love all of you guys!!!
Elder Beck
PS I saw Herbie. I forgot that even existed, but people love him here.




No comments:

Post a Comment