Monday, December 16, 2013

 Week #7

Charleroi Belgium

Ok so before I start this I want to clarify that the key boards are super different here and really hard to type on.  I only have an hour here, so sorry if I didn't get back to you. It takes forever to type an email. So I have been here for almost a week now and its crazy. I forgot my journal sorry so I might not tell every detail. We landed in France at like 11:00am.  We waited about an hour for the mission president to come. Then we left for the church in Paris. It is super cool! It's the 2nd most expensive church owned site! We were interviewed by the president,  ate some food and then we split up.  Some stayed in a hotel and some went to the mission presidents house. I got to go to a hotel it was pretty nice! I slept a lot! Then we got up and went to this place in Paris where we could see all of France. It was so awesome we wrote down goals and I felt the spirit so strong. We left that place and headed back to the church where we met our companions and where we are assigned. My companion is Elder Bates  from Utah.  I was assigned to serve in Belgium. Our bus to Brussels didn't leave till 4 so we went to Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower it was soooooo awesome!  Then we missed our train so we waited for an hour, got on another train and it was dark so I didn't get to see any of the town I'll be serving in. Then I unpacked and tried to sleep.  I slept for maybe an hour got up and went to go talk to some people. No one was interested except for some guy who doesn't speak french but a little bit of English it was funny. Charleroi, it's a lot like Pittsburgh.There is a member here named Patrick, he is such an awesome man. He is the ward missionary leader and he is so helpful. He probably spends 2 hours with us a day and always cooks for us! It's pretty hard learning the language here because no one wants to speak to us but I practice a ton. The members here are really nice they made us crepes this morning and we are eating at a members house tonight! We taught a few lessons, a lot of the people are from Romania. This man named Iano reads the pamphlets in Romanian then just says (Problem Ici) which just means problem here and we just have to guess what he is talking about. Another person we are teaching his name is Darios he is an awesome 18 year old kid. He has a baptismal date and loves us. But no too much happened this week.They said that's how the first week is ,but thanks for all your guys support means a lot :) got some pretty cool pics this week.

Elder Beck 













No comments:

Post a Comment