Monday, November 11, 2013

Week #2

San Fransisco

So Monday we flew at 1 AM to San Francisco! It was so awesome and nice getting a break from the MTC. We went there to get our Visas at it literally took 10 minutes.  We had like 2 hours to just bum around and look at stuff! We walked around and got the weirdest looks from people it was like splitting the red sea because no one wanted to talk to us. haha!! Some guy with an I LOVE JESUS sign came up to us and worshipped us for like an hour, that was funny. Then we went to the Golden Gate Bridge and that was super sweet! I have never seen it before and I'm so glad I got to see it! Our cab driver was a Filipino man and his name was Joey, he really liked us and we gave him a BOM with our testimonies in it. He already started reading it so that awesome! Also I had to get my blood taken twice in order to go to Belgium so that happened... we have been tired all week because we lost a whole day of sleep and they don't let you catch up! But this crazy thing happened we have been teaching this investigator named Nicole for a week and a half in French and I kinda knew she was fake but we like set up a baptismal date with her and then she told us she was fake. Now she is our other teacher, so that was heart breaking.. jk I didn't really care, but other Elders were so upset it was funny. Also I have a cold so me and Elder Karl went back to the room to grab some cough drops and some missionary asked if we  could teach a REAL investigator named Don the first lesson in English.  We accepted and gave him a BOM and I think we have another lesson with him this week! Elder Sanchez ran into a pole this week and cut his eyebrow open that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my whole life. Also Elder Karl has ripped two sets of suit pants because he keeps running. Yesterday was our 2nd Sunday and it was a lot better than last week!  We went to watch a video and they talked about D&C 90:11.  It's an awesome scripture and you should all read it! I love it and the language isn't good but its coming! Thanks for all your emails and packages you're all too kind! 
Love, 
-Elder Beck
Drove past home







No comments:

Post a Comment