Monday, November 4, 2013

BONJOUR!  

Ok first day out.. Met my companion he's a basket player from Pittsburgh. His name is Elder Karl and he's suuuper funny, I love him! We watched a video about the MTC, went to a fireside, met our other room mates, went to class, realized we know nothing about French, went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 6 to start another day! I forgot my journal so I'm going off of memory here. The food here is actually pretty good most of the time, which was shocking for me! I didn't drink a Dr. Pepper for like 3 days, but then I caved now I drink one every day! But my room mates are Elder Lloyd, and Elder Traue.  Elder Traue is from Utah.  I love the MTC!  I get along with everyone in the district and we all have a super fun time! My teachers name is Sister Chard she's super nice and is a return missionary from Paris and a super good teacher! I am learning the language really good! Its super hard at some points, but at the end it's all good. On day three they  set us up with a lesson with a real investigator and me and Elder Karl had to teach a lesson... in FRENCH. So we gave her a lesson the first day and it was so bad! She doesn't speak a word in English! We didn't understand her and she didn't understand us! So we just opened up the back of BOM and showed her pictures. To our surprise she came back for some reason. We made her a plan about the Plan of Salvation because her brother died recently and it went super well, we have another lesson with her tonight! Tomorrow at 2 freaking 30 AM we fly to SAN FRAN to go pick up our visas!  I heard we leave back to Utah before the sun even rises so that's super lame... Elder Lloyd brought a guitar that's pretty cool..  he thinks I'm like Jimi Hendrix. The first Sunday.. it was a fast Sunday and at the MTC on fast Sunday the whole place like shuts down, there is no food or water anywhere! And before this I had fasted maybe one other time, luckily though I didn't get hungry until like 5PM. When it became dinner time literally it was like a heard of elephants running to the lunch line, I felt like I was in a movie! But then we get there and its already PACKED and only one line was open and at this point, I was like blacking out, I was so thirsty! We get to the front of the line and it was chicken and rice... i wanted to just die right there. But i didn't care I ate it all haha. And later that night we watched a talk by David Bednar and is was super good! So obviously today is my P day and we went to the temple this morning and it was super awesome! Well that's pretty much all I can remember for right now I'm trying to figure out how to attach pictures right now, its impossible.. but I'll get it.

Love all you guys,
Elder Beck

P.S. I didn't have time to proof read this and there is no spell check.


















1 comment:

  1. YAY! GOOD JOB! It looks perfect! I will send you the little envelope with this address on it soon. He will love this.

    ReplyDelete