Monday, December 8, 2014

Week #56
He is the Gift

Hey guys! 
Tuesday we had district meeting. I gave my formation on Christmas contacting and using Room in the Inn. Then we did some Christmas finding. 

Wednesday was super cold and long we literally went out finding all day and no one wanted to talk to us. Then we practiced for the musical number that we planned out for the Baptism this week. We had ward meeting. Then some guy from St. George Utah gave me a referral (that I had to pass because he called the wrong équipe) but ya I got to talk to someone from Utah this week so that was cool.  

Thursday we had to do some stuff at St. Merri in Paris then we had to go to La Defence to give the Sisters the Conference magazines. In the afternoon we had an rdv at a members house with someone they wanted us to teach.  On the way over the RER C wasn't working and we had to wait 40 mins for the next one and when it came it was SOOO PACKED. When I got on my feet were not even touching the ground it was crazy! And I thought I lost my companion haha. Almost lost my plaque too, but some guy gave it to me so that was lucky. Later we ate with a member and taught their friend it was great.

Friday it was a busy day. First we did weekly planning. We had to do a lot of stuff for the mission. We were in centre Paris the whole day. I got to see a parade at the L’arc de Triumph it was super cool. The guy who owns our appt. came and inspected it. 

Saturday we had another appt inspection, but this time by the mission. They said it was really clean. But a lot of things need to be fixed. Hopefully they get on that soon. It was transfers and I will be staying here in Paris for Christmas! Actually for 2 months longer because this is an 8 week transfer! Pretty rad. Then I did a baptismal interview for Evlynn she passed and she was so excited she was crying, it was awesome. We had to help the sisters make the program.  Saturday evening we just went and did some finding but my comp was sick so it wasn't for that long.

Sunday was good because we had our baptism and it went really well. I was surprised normally they are really stressfull. We did the musical number, I played the ukulele, it went really well. Then after church we taught a lady named Evlyn and her family with this member named Ovoh. She is awesome, she served a mission in England. But the lesson went good we just talked about Christmas and watched the "He is the Gift" video. It's really good.

Today we saw Napoléon's Tomb (Les Invalides) it's really pretty. I took lots of pics. Thanks for all your emails! Love you guys!
Elder Beck 
-Napoleon's Tomb
-Arch of Triumph at Night
-Le Pont Neuf



No comments:

Post a Comment