Monday, October 6, 2014


Week # 47

Super Bowl Sunday for me

Hello everyone! This week was suuuuper good! 

     Tuesday we got a text from the AP's. They asked if Elder Rodo and I could help mother some new missionaries, which means just be comps with a new elder for a day and just show him around. I got with this cool kid named Elder McBride from Canada. He was a lot like me when I first got out here. We were like immediately buddies. The first person we contacted we ended up teaching for like 45 minutes. He was super patient and nice to McBride which was a miracle in and of itself! We also taught 2 other people together. At night time Elder Perry and I went on a exchange, it was cool we were in the heart of Paris the whole night.

     Wednesday the ZL's asked us if we could be in charge of the Chatlet Metro Stop for transfer days. Which is the biggest stop in Paris and all the missionaries pass through.  It was super fun getting to see everyone and meeting everyone. So literally the whole day we were just in Chatlet helping peeps with luggage and train transfers.  In our district there is a sister training in her 2nd transfer. We get a panic call from them right after we were done with our shift at Chatlet and there was some dude following them so we had to go break that up for them. I thought that was a good first impression of a mission for the new sister. 

     Thursday we knew would be literally our only day of missionary work so we tried taking advantage of it by just contacting the whole day. At night we ate a less actives house - they are so cool. Then just more contacting...

     Friday we went to the sketchiest ville in all of France - literally. It is called Sarcelles. It was so ineffective! I forget the name of the church in english. They were everywhere we passed literally 10  missionaries from their church. Then we had to weekly and transfer plan. Fixed a bunch of RDVs for the next week.

     Saturday we did Samedi Sports. I know I talk about soccer a lot. I still stink. but I scored 3 goals this week. Call me Beckham! Then we had to get ready for conference - we went to Versailles because that is where the only church was that was playing it in English.  There were a lot of missionaries there! It was sooo good! We only watched one session though and didn't get home till like 10h30.  There were 8 Elders staying in that apartment that night! 

     Sunday was another awesome day! Just literally all we did was watch conference which might sound lame to you guys but it was like the super bowl for me. It was soooo good. I cant even explain how much I loved this conference. I still haven't seen the last session but I think I will be able to tonight...we will see :) I loved the example of Thomas S Monson and the story E Holland told about him going into Germany and giving literally everything he had to the people there. We are so lucky to have a prophet like him! 

Today we went to the top of the Notre Dame haha! That's my week.I hope y'all had a good one too! Thanks for the emails love you guys!
-Elder Beck 

Pics:
-Top of Notre Dame (2 pics)
-The Missionary I had for a day to show around and introduce him to missionary work in France






No comments:

Post a Comment