Monday, March 17, 2014


Week #20

Happy 311

HAPPY St. Patrick's day everyone! So on Tuesday it was 311 day I hope everyone celebrated;) A member made us crepes that day. We went contacting and porting that whole entire day. No success, but it was still a fun day. We saw some really interesting people. Wednesday was again a fairly normal day in the life of a missionary. We started out the day by contacting, then we tried finding some people out of the area book. Went to some peoples houses, but they didn't live there anymore. Then there was this Amis party by the other Elders at our church so we invited some Amis to come. They said they were coming, we saw them on the way up there...but they never showed up. So we just left and went porting.  Thursday  was a super fun day! We went to Namur for District Meeting! It's a pretty place! The church was in the middle of nowhere. Our district is pretty good.  The zone leaders came, they are super cool. The District Meeting was 15 minutes long, so we took an hour long train to get there #WasteOfTime. Anyway we played basketball with the ZL's one of them is African American... guess what? We beat them;) I got the most points. Boom. On the way back home we were waiting in the train station and I saw some dude walk past me with a Utah Jazz shirt on... I was so confused so I worked up the guts to go talk to him. Turns out he lived in Texas for 2 years and knew someone on the Jazz, I forgot who. I just pretended like I knew him. But he was a pro basket ball player. He was so cool. And the best news was he was INTERESTED!! Bad news he lives in Namur...but moving to Charleroi -  but I will be gone by then - sad day. My zone leaders brought me all my letters from the mission home! Made my day! Then we went to DMP meeting after. Friday we went to the church to work on the Indexing PowerPoint that we are wanting to make. Then weekly planning. We did pass backs and taught a sweet lesson to an X Military dude, he is so cool! Then went porting and because we are living right the Lord blesses us and found out that the people down the road have been getting our mail because people keep writing the address wrong! But pretty cool! So we gave them our number and they were really nice! 

On Saturday so we started off the day by teaching one of our old amis. He was super cool and we had a really good lesson. Just one problem, he was asking the weirdest questions!!! Like how to enter other dimensions by prayer. Then we did some work with Patrick and taught a lesson to a less active guy, and his two sons - one which isn't baptized! We are working on them! Then we went to another less actives house - I hate going over there because they have 13 chinchillas and I am allergic! We did some more porting and had a jolly ole' time. On Sunday it was super sweet! We went to church and took an ami with us. He is nice. We scheduled 10 RDVs for the next week just at church! I am so pumped we have such a good week lined up with all my favorite people haha. But at the end of the night we visited Dominique and her family they are always so nice to us! They were super cool! But ya that's my week! Its my comps Birthday today! We went bowling. The pictures I took this week: Church by our house. Sunday we dressed like nerds so I wore some other elder's tie. One is us bowling. The other one is us next to a little horse we found. He was so gross. Thanks for all your emails you guys love you! 
Elder Beck






No comments:

Post a Comment