Monday, February 10, 2014

Week #15

Day 100 of my mission! Time flies-I kid you not.


BONJOUR everyone! On Monday last week we started out the week super good! We had to go to Liege (in Belgium) for the night because we were leaving for Paris the next morning. We had to sleep over with the zone leaders because they had our tickets for the train. Anyways on the way up to Liege we contacted this guy on the bus.. super sweet guy. We taught him the whole 1st lesson on the bus. The only bummer was he doesn't live in our sector, he lives in the other Elders. We got all of his information and passed it. 2 days later the other Elder set a baptismal date with him on the 1st lesson!! So sweet! Then when we arrived in Liege we had 1hr until the zone leaders came and picked us up. So we got to walk around town and eat. It was super sick. Liege is a beautiful place! Then on Tuesday we had to wake up at 4 am to be able to get to Paris on time. The reason I went to Paris was for my French legality. I passed luckily. The process was weird though. I had to take off my shirt multiple times in public.  I got to see almost everyone in my old district which was super nice! It was really fast and we were out of there in like 2hrs so I didn’t get to see anything. I was super bummed. Then we came back to Charleroi and had dinner with a super sweet family in the ward! It was soooo good! On Wednesday we started making a Power Point for the ward to teach them how to do indexing. (thanks to my dads indexing Power Point back at home :). Some dude on the way there like flipped out at us for being Mormon. I’m still not sure why... Then we had another dinner with another super cool family in the ward that’s who I took the picture with they are so sweet. I got to play the guitar for them. On Thursday it was day 100 of my mission time flies, I kid you not. It was District Meeting that day. It was super fun our zone leaders came they are super cool and so is our new district leader. It has been pouring rain all week so contacting people has been pretty hard. But by some miracle people have taken time to listen to us! That day we got like 2 pass backs! We taught a lesson to a family on the bus! Friday was another pretty sweet day we taught this really cool man on the road his name was Achile, super interested wanted to come to church which like never happens! Then we went to a less active families house and the dogs were going crazy the whole time I wanted to kill them. But that’s all that really happened that day. Saturday day we had some really good lessons. We taught this family we met porting on doors. We taught them the first lesson it was good but I don’t know how interested they are. We had a really good road lesson. But she lives in Luxembourg so that was sad. We stopped by a referrals house and had a really good lesson! She is friends with members in the ward and I totally think she will be baptized! The only problem is she is really busy. But right after that the Hoffman family just stopped by randomly literally a minute after we left and she started crying because she felt the spirit so strong! We had ANOTHER good lesson with a dude that lives across the street from us he actually read the BOM like we asked which was a miracle in itself and he remembered what he read! Sunday was good as well! Church was super good we had 13 people in investigators class! Elder Bates had to give a talk. We taught Darios a short lesson. We had breakfast and lunch at Patricks house haha. Cabrinas farewell was that day and I was kind of sad I wasn't there! We we had two sweet miracles after. So we prayed for direction and I chose a road to go knocking on. Then I chose this random house. A lady with a family opens the door and was really interested. She told us to come back on Tuesday. I can’t wait to see her again! So that picked up my spirits! Then we are walking home and some random dude says you guys look cold come inside my house and have some coffee. So we went in and explained why we don’t drink coffee. He gave us water and told us that it was his Birthday! Gave us birthday cake and was just the nicest dude ever. It totally made my day. So thank you for the people that were praying for me because I know that’s the only reason why that happened. Today has been a sweet day too already! It’s Patricks birthday so we went and drove down to this super cool Charleroi castle haha Then we went BOWLING! So much fun!! And just went shopping so that explains the pictures.  I love you guys thanks for all your emails! 
Love
-Elder Beck







No comments:

Post a Comment