Monday, February 3, 2014

Week #14

3 month mark in Paris

I actually remembered my journal. I know it's a miracle! So I am going to start this one on Tuesday. We had a super weird morning. We had an appointment really early in the morning at 10:00. It was this guy named Gile. He is a dude from Africa. I contacted him on the street, and at first he came off as a really chill dude. But before we actually got in the apartment complex we were greeted by some friendly devil worshiper lady. She called the cops on us and stuff and was really vulgar and then slammed her door and broke it haha it was so funny. Then we had our RDV with Gile. He had over million questions. He did his studies. So it went nothing like what we practice taught for. Then the UPS guy called me and said that he dropped off my package to the wrong persons house and they are keeping it and there is nothing they or I can do about it so that stunk. And while we were porting I got attacked by a dog but he didn't rip my pants or anything so that was good. We knocked on 500 doors and got in 2 houses. Yea!  Wednesday was different as well because we went contacting for 3 hours, which feels like a whole day! Then we took a train to Brussels because we were staying over night to get ready to go to Paris on time. We had to wake up at 4am and sleep on the floor because there weren't enough beds.  They didn't tell us we needed to bring blankets! On Thursday I realized that I had been on my mission for exactly 3 months!! Kind of cool because it doesn't feel like that long. And we celebrated it in Paris!! Me and Elder Karl took the same train in the morning so we got to talk and tell stories for a long time until we arrived in Paris so that was really cool! I got to see almost everyone in my old district, that was super awesome! We heard a man in the quorum of the 70 speak. His name was Elder Kearon he did a super good job it was so awesome. We had Subway for lunch it was soooo good! This is a funny story so we missed our train on the way home (shocker I don't think I have ever actually caught a train 1st try) So we had to exchange our tickets and the only ones that were open on the next train were 1st class so we sat 1st class haha!!!   On Friday we had another RDV with Gile, it went better than last time. And to be honest nothing else really happened that day. Saturday it was my moms birthday!!!! A member showed me her facebook wall it was really cool! It rained like crazy that day and Patrick drove us around and we visited less active families! Then we gave a blessing to an investigators mom in the hospital. On Sunday Darios received the Aronic Priesthood! So cool the bishop gave him such a good blessing. I totally think he will serve a mission! Sunday was also national crepe making day so we made a bunch of crepes, they were so good! It has been warm here today! I will be going to Paris on Tuesday this week. It's about a 3 hour train ride from Charleroi to Paris. I love my mission president! I had an interview with him the first day I got here, and it was really good.  That's all though. I hope everyone had a good week! Thanks for everything, love you guys! Thanks for your prayers, I don't think I could do it without them. Remember to read your scriptures and pray :)

-Elder Beck
 Cool picture of the moon. Picture of the meat in Kangaroo and we bought it. I will let you know how it is.. 
Other one is all of us lost at the train station. haha.do it without them.







No comments:

Post a Comment