Monday, January 20, 2014

Week #12

Darios was baptized

Hello everyone!!! OK so on Tuesday it was just a pretty normal day, but it was it was raining hard core so we stayed inside and did some area book work. We got bailed on by two of our lessons for that day so that was a bummer. We searched in the rain for 2hrs for a house that ended up not existing... But the day ended good! Darios had his baptism questions and passed! The DL said that it was his best interview yet. Then we taught a lesson to this lady named Margarita. She said that whenever we come over she gets a good feeling, so she invited her sister to come over.  Then we had dinner at the Bishops house, he invited us over to talk about baptism with his son who is about 8. His dad told us a really funny story. He said how he asked his son if he was ready for baptism he said, "yes I have been preparing for it my whole life" and the dad asked how and the kid said, "whenever I take a bath I hold my breath for an extra few seconds" haha!! Then on Wednesday we had district meeting in the morning and that is when we took those pictures with all the numbers. The numbers mean how many months we have been in France. After we called some people to schedule some RDVs and went porting. We got let in 2 times and taught some pretty good lessons. So on Thursday we had 4 really good lessons lined up...but all of them bailed! We were so bummed but only 2 really bailed the other two were just really sick. We had DMP meeting that night. It was pretty good we prepared for the baptism on Saturday. Then we went and knocked on some doors.. On Friday we went to Brussels because I needed to be made a legal citizen. I passed woot woot. It took us two hours to get there and it took 5 minutes and another two hours to get back! So that was pretty much all that happened that day. Also I got to see Elder Karl again. I'm so glad he is in my Zone! After all that we taught a lesson to a family where the mom is a member and no one else is in the family. The lessons went really good. Maybe another Baptism coming up soon :) On Saturday this was the best day ever!  Darios was baptized!!! Before the baptism we had weekly planning, it took 3hrs! Then we had to fill up the Baptismal font which took another 3 hours.  We made cookies and got everything ready! Darios came like 1hr early because he was so excited and we got to teach him a little bit and bare our testimonies, it was super good.  I was the witness at his baptism. After the baptism we just ate food with the ward and had a good time.   But Transfers are today, I started my second transfer. Only 14 more and think how fast this one went by. I think it's weird how fast time goes by.  Elder McKenchnie is leaving and being made a zone leader somewhere else. He's a cool guy. And a new missionary will be getting trained here.  I'm still here in Charleroi, I really like it here. I really like the ward and the people here. I had a good week! Tell Alexa thanks for the package, I got it today. It's on my wall.  Thanks for all your emails, love you guys! 
Elder Beck



No comments:

Post a Comment