Monday, July 27, 2015

Week #90
Tours with Elder Gee


Monday was pday. It was my last pday in Amiens but we didn't do anything "special" for it because I still needed to do the normal pday stuff. Later that night we went to the FHE at the church. I gave the spiritual thought. It was on that Mormon Message about the farmer who cuts the plant so it can grow I don't know what it is called in English, but it's really good. Then just said goodbye to a bunch of people. 

Tuesday was technically my last day in Amiens. We were suppose to get a haircut on Monday, but they rescheduled it for Tuesday so we got a haircut first thing in the morning. The lady cut mine pretty short buts it's all good. A bunch of members wanted to fix RDVs so that I could go by and see them, but we didn't have too much time, so we just saw two people, one of which fed us so that was nice. Then we went home and got changed because some other members wanted to take me bowling! So we went bowling and played a little bit of billiards and it was a lot of fun. Super fun way to end it in Amiens. Then I packed and it wasn't fun LOL!

Wednesday we woke up at 5:30 to catch our train, we had to go to Lille first with all my luggage. But it wasn't too bad because a member picked us up from our house with all my bags and drove us to the train station so that part was awesome.  Some other members went to the train station to say bye. Elder Powelson's new companion was in Lille so that's why I had to go up there. I took a TGV alone with all my bags to Paris, then took the RER to Chatlet where all the missionaries meet up.  I met my new comp Elder Gee and we took another train to get to Tours. In total I did 6 hours of train rides... Then right as we got home we put my bags in the apartment and left to go to a DMB meeting (the branch missionary leader meeting) it was good we seem to have a good DMB!

Thursday we woke up at 5:30 again to catch our train going to Paris for the Mission Council.  I got to see some of my good mission friends like Elder Johnson and Elder Powelson and some other guys. The meeting was good! We missed our train, got on the next one around 5pm.

Friday was an interesting day. In the morning we went out contacting for an hour. Then we had to pick up some Books of Mormon at the post. Then we came home and ate. The branch asked the missionaries to clean up the chapel last week so we deep cleaned the chapel all by ourselves and that took a while. Then a member wanted us to help him "recycle" he said over the phone. So this guy shows up to the church, he is in his 70s and he has 3 shopping bags completely full of old papers and 16 boxes number from 1-16. He goes on to explain that he has a bunch of brain problems and that he needs to be organized and all these papers have been bugging him lately and he wants them all organized into these 16 categories. He is also a hoarder and wanted to read and give a brief story behind every single paper before we kept it or threw it away...and the whole time he is freaking out and having a bunch of mental breakdowns. Elder Gee didn't tell me anything about this guy and this will for sure be the last time we help him "recycle" because it was the biggest waste of time. Then we went home and planned our training for the DLs.

Saturday was a pretty fun day. In the morning we went over really quick the formation we were giving our DLs and then went and picked up all our DLs at the train station with all their comps. All those companionships are in a 3-sum. We went and got kebabs with everyone and then split up and all the DLs comps went out contacting. We gave our formation and it went really well. I'm trying to create a bucket list for each companionship in our zone to complete before the end of the transfer. I hope it'll be a lot of fun. Then we went out and did some missionary work and I got to see Tours a little bit. 

Sunday we went to church and it was nice. The branch was super small today though because everyone was on vacation.  There were roughly 20 people there including a big family that was visiting from anther branch. We had the Sunday school lesson it was on Acts 1-5 about testifying. It went surprisingly well for winging it, because they didn't let us know that we were doing until the night before. But the branch seems to really like me so that made me feel good! They were all super stoked that I'll be finishing my mission here. They seem like good people. Then we got home and did some transfer planning and weekly planning. We tried to see this guy that we found that lives super far away, but he wan't there so that was a bummer. Then we went home and did all our call-ins. 
Thanks for all your love and support you guys are the best!

-Elder Beck
Some images of Tours its a tres belle ville :)





No comments:

Post a Comment