Monday, June 15, 2015

Week #84
iPads

Tuesday we had a pretty fun day. We went and picked up my birthday package at a members house and some letters so that was an awesome way to start the day! Then we went and visited some of our amis. Then Elder Powelson took me out for dinner for my birthday. We went to Buffalo Grill idk if that exists in the states but it's just a BBQ place. It was super good, my first steak in a year and a half!

Wednesday was my b-day!!! I'm 20 now!!! I feel so old haha. But we went bowling in the morning and it was super fun. We played some pool as well, it was  a blast. They gave us some free games too so that was neat. Then my fave members took us out for dinner at the nicest restaurant in Amiens so that was awesome! It was soooooo freaking good too, easily the best meal I've had on my mission. Then they drove us home.

Thursday we went and visited a less active guy who is nuts. We didn't have too much time because we were taking a train to Paris at 4ish. So then we headed home and got everything ready to spend the night with and for mission council like the stats of our zone and stuff like that. Then we got to Paris and we went to one of my fave places called Chipotle which is totally american but it's super good. Then we headed to Torcy. I stayed the night with Elder Johnson because he is my homie. 

Friday we went to mission council and..... WE GOT I PADS!!!!! Finally. And I got to see a lot of my mission friends so that was awesome. But definetly the biggest thing that happened was that we got iPads. So far only the ZLs and STLs have them but our zone will be the first to get them on June 23rd so we are looking forward to that. Then we went home and went straight to branch council meeting (the first one I've had since I have been here) it went really well. Now let's just hope they do something about it. 

Saturday we had our district leader training meeting. It was good we had no time to plan it so we just winged it and it went pretty good so that was lucky! Then we went and visited some members one of them living in Longeau a ville about 30 mins away from Amiens it was my first time going there. Nothing too special though. We went to a retirement home... it was blast. Taught this 85 year old member, but it was nice she gave us a referral! Then we did some contacting pretty much for the rest of the day and tried setting up our iPads, it's freaking hard. 


Sunday we went to church and we had some amis that came so that was awesome. It was one of their first times coming and he really liked it! Elder Powelson gave a talk and it went really good. No one in this branch knows how to give a talk so he requested that he give one to show them how to do it haha. Then we weekly/transfer planned and did iPad stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment