Monday, April 7, 2014

Week # 23

LeBron and Jordan

Yo what up everyone. This week my camera decided to stop working so I don't have any photos so sorry! Right after I got off emailing last Monday I walked out of the internet cafe to find a cocaine dealer who was convinced I was his friend trying to play a joke on him and tried giving me bags of coke.. it was scary in all honesty! Tuesday was April Fools day! They celebrate it differently here. They tape pictures of fish on peoples backs... not as funny! So we did it to the other Elders we live with.  Then we tried to do some pass backs, but none of them were home. Later we ate again at someones house! They were super nice to us and just told us how awesome we were for like 2hrs, so can't complain haha. Wednesday we went to Namur for district meeting. Same as always just did the meeting then played some b ball. When like all the sudden three teenagers show up and ask if they can film a documentary on us... we were in Namur so they are filming the other Elders, but they seemed pretty cool. Then we taught a less active family that we reactivated. She brought her non member sisters family and we taught a really good lesson! The whole family like worships us! Thursday I went on a exchange with the district leader. He is French his name is Elder Mahieu.  Also we had a apartment inspection! drum roll.. we passed! When I was with Elder Mahieu we just did normal missionary stuff and then had a ward meeting. Friday we ended the exchange and we handed out flyers in the morning! Then Guymon came back home and we just did weekly planning. We went to a Genealogy Party at our ward. Also the youth were playing basketball so we just switched back and forth. I thought I sucked at b-ball. But here me and Guymon are like Lebron and Jordan. It's so funny.  Also the trams were on strike so we had to walk home. Saturday we taught Piempie the word of wisdom that's always interesting. It went decently well though! Then we were going to fix a baptismal date with the 9 year old... but they weren't home. That was frustrating.. Then we RAN no joke RAN to the church to make it to conference on time, we made it! We got to watch it in english and a lot of people we invited showed up! Sunday we got to watch ALL of conference again in english! Only one ward was playing it in english so like elders and sisters came from everywhere to watch it!  We were all together watching conference it was really fun!  We stayed at the church for 10 hours! We didn't really do much other than that though! Conference was really good though! I really liked President Monsons talk about the airplane and Ballards talk when he told everyone to get a Preach My Gospel! We went bowling again today. That's really all that's going in my life! Sorry again about the photos I will send double next week! 
Love you guys! 
-Elder Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment